Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekly Update Monday 15th September

Firstly thank you to those who were rolling the Canadian Teams progress over the past 2 weeks.  The Team finished with a credible 3 silver medals and 2 bronze medals.  From a personal point of view I was a little disappointed we did not get a gold but the experience was a memorable one and I definitely learnt a massive amount.  I am grateful to all those who have supported me since I arrived and a special thank you to Tom Porter who allowed me the chance to have extended time away from the club to accept the challenge of leading the Team.  A full report of the event can be found at http://www.squashsite.co.uk/2009/panamericano2014.htm


Fall Leagues:  

The leagues start tonight and you should all have a schedule and contact details now.  If not please let me know.  I have been informed that some numbers are incorrect and I will update these this week.  The noon, breakfast and doubles Leagues will be sent out tomorrow this morning.

Junior Golf Day:

The response for the golf day on Sunday 5th October has been great.  We still have a few foursomes available so please let me know if you are interested in playing.  People have also been incredibly generous with sponsoring the day.  We have so far raised $1000 which is fantastic!  If anyone else wants to donate or sponsor especially if they are unable to attend we would be more than grateful.  We need all sign ups and money by Sunday 28th September.  We are also looking for door prizes so if you are willing/able to donate something again please let me know.

Calcutta Tournament:

The interest in this has been disappointing.  I have decided to cancel it until later in the year o watch this space.

Blog:

Please take the time to visit the ever growing blog.  I am keeping it up to date with all club information and will also be starting the tip of the week videos on there.


Black Knight Demo Evening:

Victoria has organized a Black Knight Demo Evening for the 23rd September from 6pm.  You will be able to demo the new range of rackets as well as get some clothing.  Anything purchased on the night will be given a 20% discount too.

Ladder:

I will be revamping the ladder October the first.  I will be removing those who have not played games in the hope of creating a fast moving function-able ladder where players are looking to play regularly.

Fall Down Classic:

Sign ups are open either at the front desk or by completing the lil below.  Please sign up early as the deadline is fast approaching.


Lessons:

If you are interested in taking lessons this fall to improve any aspect of your game please email me directly.  Lessons can be a great way to improve your game and learn tactics suited to your style.  Email squash@windsorsquash.ca for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment